Personal Development at Regency High School
Our school curriculum underpins the personal development of our pupils and can be seen in all that we do. We take a Quality of Life approach to our Personal Development provision and this drives everything we do towards improving the lives of our students and their families. We want all of our students to have the opportunities to be happy, healthy and empowered young people. At Regency we aim to support all pupils to become as independent, participative and healthy as possible, so they can achieve their personal goals. The Vision and Values statement of the school identify the key attributes and qualities pupils will have as they leave school ready for the next phase in their lives.
Our curriculum aims to
• Provide a broad and balanced education for all pupils that is coherently planned and sequenced enabling all to reach their potential
• Support pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development
• Support pupils’ physical development and responsibility for their own health, and enable them to be active
• Promote a positive attitude towards learning
• Ensure equal access to learning for all pupils, with high expectations for every pupil and appropriate levels of challenge and support
• Provide subject choices that support pupils’ learning and progression, and enable them to work towards achieving their goals
• Develop pupils’ independent learning skills and resilience
• Equip pupils with the knowledge and cultural capital they need to succeed in life
Click here to see the full Personal Development at Regency document.