The learners at Regency High school follow one of four curriculum pathways. The pathways are sequential from year 7 through to year 14. All four curriculum pathways aim to equip learners with the skills and tools they need to succeed. The school ensures that there is fluidity between pathways, allowing for a personalised approach, that enables learners to benefit from aspects of more than one pathway and also to move between pathways as appropriate to their development. We nurture close links with families and involve them in their child’s learning journey via Seesaw, empowering them with support, advice and training, celebrating every achievement together.
The curriculum at Regency High School is intrinsic to the school culture and delivery of the school’s aims. The curriculum includes all of the experiences provided by the school in which each pupil participates.
Individual learning needs are further met through bespoke intervention programmes for enhanced personalisation. We want to provide all pupils with a broad and balanced curriculum without it being overwhelming or irrelevant; which is why we provide a balance of experiential learning and a development of skills and knowledge that is sequential and paced effectively.
Vision – Our community succeeds together
Mission – To equip learners with the skills and tools they need to succeed
Values – Respect, High standards, Safe and stimulating environment.
Our curriculum aims to
- Provide a broad and balanced education for all pupils that is coherently planned and sequenced enabling all to reach their potential
- Support pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development
- Support pupils’ physical development and responsibility for their own health, and enable them to be active
- Promote a positive attitude towards learning
- Ensure equal access to learning for all pupils, with high expectations for every pupil and appropriate levels of challenge and support
- Provide subject choices that support pupils’ learning and progression, and enable them to work towards achieving their goals
- Develop pupils’ independent learning skills and resilience
- Equip pupils with the knowledge and cultural capital they need to succeed in life
Our Curriculum is specifically designed for our learners, incorporating our vision, mission and values at every possible point, and builds on students’ preparation for adulthood.