At Regency we provide a caring, supportive and challenging environment that is designed to provide a broad and stimulating curriculum and to foster the independence of our students.
We recognise and develop the academic, physical, social and emotional needs of our students through an integrated team approach that involves educational, medical and therapy staff.
The contribution of all members of our community is valued and respected and we actively work to create an atmosphere in school, where families feel welcomed and supported and where parents and carers are valued as an important part of the team.
Regency is a school where:
- Everyone feels safe and supported within a caring community
- Diversity and difference are recognised and valued
- Everyone feels valued for who they are and what they contribute
- Achievement in all its forms is rewarded and celebrated
- The curriculum is broad and rich and personalised to the needs of all our students
- Our students are encouraged to be independent and are prepared for change and life beyond school
- Confidence, self-esteem, self-respect and self-discipline are encouraged
- High expectations are set and all students are appropriately challenged
- Students are introduced to religious, moral and social values and develop a sense of responsibility to themselves, their peers and the wider community
- Professional development opportunities enable staff to fully support the needs of our students.