Welcome to our Student Council webpage – the Student Voice of Regency High School. The Student Council is made up of elected representatives from Tutor Groups in each Key Stage and our main role is to facilitate communication between students, staff and the wider community.
Our Aims This Year Are:
- To promote positive change within the school. Here we have canvassed students about the credit reward system in school and feedback to the Head Teacher. This will influence a new reward system across all the Key Stages.
- To raise awareness of the schools healthy eating policy by promoting the Team Enterprise ‘Fruit Bowl’ scheme and discussing menus with the school kitchen.
- To establish our presence on the school website – that’s here!
- To be involved in promoting equal rights for all students – it’s only fair!
- To be involved in the selection process for new staff – we deserve the best!
- To promote and care for Rosie – our school dog
To Support Fund Raising:
We have supported various find raising projects this year lead by the 5SRS Team Enterprise Group. These include the Halloween disco, MacMillan Cake Sale, Raffles and ‘Hats on for Regency’. Money raised from these events has been used to support national charities including MacMillan and BullyingUk. Local charities including Malvern Hedgehog Society and Worcester Animal Rescue Shelter. We are also pleased to help raise funds for our 6th form school prom.
To be more effective at our job we have now broken into Hubs:
- Student and Wellbeing Hub
- Events and Sports Hub
Any student at Regency High School can speak to their Student Council Rep at any time about any issue. We also have a suggestion box located in the reception if students want to be anonymous.
Meeting 4th May 2018
Meeting 23rd April 2018
Meeting 9th March 2018
Meeting 16th February 2018
Meeting 9th February 2018 - Vegetarian Options
The Site Manager met with us to talk about our new school building extension. He told us it is expected to be completed in August 2018 so we can move into the new block September 2018. The Site Manager told us that there will be four new classrooms, a staircase and a new working lift (which can be used in the event of a fire), in the new block. The image below shows us in our meeting-